Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Meet Sam

Hello everyone-
Charlie here after a long hiatus of blogging.  I've been a busy boy since I've turned 2, yes 2.  Can you believe it.  I had an awesome birthday celebrating with my 2 Grandmas or "Emas" as I used to say, Grandpa Peterson, (Grandpa Potter was fishing) Uncle "Eno", Aunt Julie & Uncle Tim.  I had my favorite dinner of hotdogs and beans.  The best part was the homemade ice cream Mom made and my sesame street cupcakes.  I ate Oscar the Grouch, mmmm. 

Now that I am 2, I can do sooooo much more. I can actually communicate with my parents, sometimes too much they say.  I am able to recognize all the letters of the alphabet and count to 20, all before I was even 2. People think I'm a little strange when I pick out letters and numbers off the TV. I am now recognizing different shapes too, square, rectangle, triangle,diamond, heart, star, circle, and octagon. I love looking for octagons while driving they say, "S-T-O-P, Stop!  My parents keep saying I have a good memory. I know all my colors and can sing the alphabet song, Baa Baa Black Sheep, and Twinkle Twinkle.  I can recite all my favorite books without even looking at the book.  Mom and I do this while we go for walks. My favorite toy at home are my "mues" or "blues" as I can finally say now. These are my 8 blue blocks that I like to line up in a row. When they are all set I say, "Perfect." People keep commenting on something called OCD, but I'm not sure what they are talking about. I have decided that I don't want to eat as well anymore. I don't eat "lulerries"(blueberries) anymore. I refuse to eat any fruit or vegetable. My favorite snack, that my mom lets me have, is 2 cracker when I get home from Lauries. I like to eat chicken and beans, oatmeal, hotdogs, and pizza. I do not like any type of pasta or bread. My mom says I've become a picky eater.  I'm just being a stubborn toddler.

The big news I have today is to introduce my new baby brother "Am" or Sam.  I have become more and more fond of him every day.  I give him blankets and his binky.  I love to rub his head and give him kisses and hugs.  There are times that I say "no Am" when he is taking all of my mama's time, but I am dealing with it better everyday.  It has a little hard for me, but I love him.  Mom says that I have to share my blog with Sam so you all can get to know him too.  There may be some changes in the appearance of the blog as he starts using it. Let's just say this is my attempt of sharing.

Here are some pictures to get us up to date:

My summer

It was a very hot summer so I kept busy inside playing with my blocks.

 
I also made many trips to the zoo, mostly Mama and me.  We did this a lot on our Tuesdays that we spent together.  I can walk the whole zoo in 2 hours.  I love the zebras and say, "thank you zebras" after we see them.
 

 
 
This is Dada and I on a nature walk.  We went to Minnesota and spent a few days on a lake as our last family trip, the 3 of us.  We also went to a Twins game and visited friends Megan and Corey and their cat, also named Charlie Petersen.  
 
 
 
One of my trips to my favorite place to eat, Chipotle.  Bring on the black beans. 

 
  
 
Birthday party: 7/28/2012

These are my Sesame Street cupcakes that Mama made, mmmmm.

And me eating Oscar and homemade ice cream...yum yum!

 





Meet my brother Sam Francis Peterson.  He was born on Sept 25, 2012, 1:58pm, 7lbs 7oz, 19in








 
 
This is the closest I would get to "holding" Sam.

















I am always saying, Am is "too cute".



Fall time
 
Here is our annual family trip to the pumpkin patch.  It was really fun because I got to pick out my own pumpkin with Dad and stand next to Oscar the Grouch.





 
 
 
I have a feeling I am not the only one who stands next to this and takes a picture, thanks parents!  But look at that, I'm almost 3 feet tall.
 

And here is me in my everyday madness.



Here are the boys of the family, Mom better watch out, she's outnumbered by a lot.
 
 
And finally, I'll leave you with my beautiful singing to Baa Baa Black Sheep.  Thanks for catching up with me, love, Charlie.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment